We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Pies with liver are the most famous in terms of filling, which we loved so much in our student days. But after all, they still remain one of the most delicious, and most importantly, simple to prepare dishes. Unfortunately, now it is impossible to enjoy such yummy in any bakery or grocery store, and it is not at all a matter of price or difficulty of preparation. This food was available in Soviet times in all grocery stores, but now you need to look for the very cherished recipes, or turn to our article for help. Here are five best recipes and step by step the cooking process of those same pies with your favorite filling is described.
Soviet-style liver pies
- top or first grade flour (650 grams);
- instant yeast (6-8 grams);
- salt (10 grams);
- sugar (40 grams);
- potato broth or water (360 grams);
- vegetable oil (20 grams).
- beef liver;
- beef lung;
- pork heart (300 grams);
- onions (200 grams);
- allspice and black peppers (3-4 peas);
- 2-3 bay leaves;
- parsley, onion and carrots.
- 4-5 liter pan;
- a pan for frying the liver;
- meat grinder;
- slow cooker;
- knives (cut the dough), plates, spoons, forks and tongs;
- baking oven or recess for making dough.
- For a start - liver. What is a liver? This is a mixture of lecco, liver and salt. Boil the lungs and heart, setting a slow fire, and then extinguish the liver, but try not to overexpose, because the liver can come out harsh. After boiling our ingredients, add a little carrots, onions, parsley roots and peppercorns.
- Fill with water, do not forget that you should not pour too much water, as the lung will rise. Cover the pan with a lid and set it on fire. After the liver boils, it needs to be darkened over low heat for another two hours. The result should be a juicy filling.
- After pouring water or potato broth into the pan, add the indicated amount of salt, sugar, butter, yeast and flour. We close the lid and put the pan in the bread maker, set the dough for 20 minutes. Knead. We roll the dough into a kolobok and leave it for 3 hours so that it takes shape and wanders, not forgetting to knead the dough once every 60 minutes.
- Rinse and peel vegetables, and cut meat products into pieces. Put the liver under the lid and simmer until fully cooked (8-10 minutes). The result should be a juicy liver. We turn offal with the help of meat grinders.
- Lubricate the table with oil. Dividing the dough into 3-4 balls, cover them with a film.
- Using the program "Multipovar" we heat 600 milliliters of oil, setting for 16 minutes at 160 degrees. We cut the strips on the dough and fasten the incisions, put the filling. As soon as the pies are ready, we take the first batch with the help of tongs or a fork. We do the same with the following batches.
Milk Based Liver Pies
- 1 kilogram of flour;
- 2 cups of milk;
- 3-4 eggs;
- salt and sugar (to taste);
- 2 cups vegetable oil.
- 1.5 kilograms of liver;
- 1 onion;
- 2 hard boiled eggs;
- 50 grams of butter;
- salt, pepper (to taste).
- Cooking the dough. We heat the milk to 40 degrees, after we dissolve the yeast in warmed milk, adding sugar (2 tablespoons). We break the eggs into the dough. Combine the flour with salt, stirring with a spoon. Knead the dough.
- Liver filling. Boil the eggs, the liver is cut into small pieces and boil for about 15-20 minutes. Pass the liver, peeled eggs and onions through the meat grinder. Warming the pan in butter, add onions, fry until golden. Add the ground liver to the frying pan. Put the greens. The filling is ready.
- We turn the koloboks from the dough into cakes, report the frying with the filling there, pinch the notched corners. In a pan with vegetable oil, put the pies and leave to fry (2-3 minutes). Turn over and fry on the other side.
Liver pies with potato filling
For the test:
- 350 milliliters of water;
- 10 grams of yeast;
- salt, sugar;
- 3 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 1 egg
- 700-800 grams of flour.
- beef liver (150 grams);
- light beef (150 grams);
- one onion;
- salt (to taste);
- 400 grams of potato;
- 1 tbsp. l soy sauce;
- Cooking the dough. We add sugar, 10 grams of yeast to warm water and shake it all. We are waiting for the boil. After boiling, add the remaining ingredients for the dough and knead it. We are waiting for the rise of the test 1.5-2 hours.
- Liver filling. Boil the lungs in salted water for an hour. Cut the liver into small slices and fry over low heat until cooked (15-20 minutes). Add black ground pepper, soy sauce and bay leaf. Using a meat grinder, prepare minced meat from the liver and lung.
- Potato component. We clean the potatoes and boil in water, adding salt. Make mashed potatoes (without adding liquid). You can add salt if you wish.
- Sculpting process. Divide the dough into small balls, put the filling and chip the edges, forming pies. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
You can add your favorite greens to the filling.
Orsk liver pies
- meat offal (1.5 kg);
- onions (500 grams);
- a spoonful of salt;
- a pinch of pepper.
For the test:
- bag of flour;
- a pack of yeast;
- Grind one and a half kilograms of meat with a meat grinder. Then, put out the minced meat for 25-30 minutes in a pan. Add salt and pepper if necessary. Put chopped onion into small pieces.
- Dissolve the yeast in water. The mass should stand for 10 minutes, then add salt and 3 kilograms of flour. It turns out batter - what you need for orsk delicacies.
- Wet the hands in oil and wrap the filling in the dough, spreading it with a spoon along the entire length. We fix the edges and lower the pie into the deep fat fryer. We do the same with the next batch.
Each hostess chooses the size of pies independently: they can be both large and small.
Rich liver pies
- 1-2 bay leaves;
- calf kidneys.
- 0.5 kilograms of cornmeal;
- 1 cup of milk;
- 1-2 eggs;
How to cook:
- Cut the liver, lungs and kidneys into small slices, then pass everything through a meat grinder. It will be necessary to melt the kidneys in a pan. Stew for 15 minutes, adding spices to taste.
- Dissolve the yeast in milk, add sugar. Pour milk with yeast into the flour. Add salt, sugar, eggs and add flour (if necessary). The dough should not be cool.
- From the resulting dough we make pies. Fry in a pan from two sides until cooked.
Liver pies (video)
You learned about the five best recipes for pies with taste from childhood. Other interesting recipes can be found in Jamie Oliver’s famous book, Department of Nutrition. Enjoy your meal!