We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The inhabitants of the European part of the continent got acquainted with an exotic berry from South America called feijoa relatively recently, but have already managed to fall in love with it for its unique taste and beneficial properties for the body. In the southern regions of our country, enthusiastic gardeners are trying to grow an unusual crop in their private plots, and not without success. And from the harvested feijoa, they make delicious jam, the recipe for which can be found below.
Features of making feijoa jam for the winter
To prepare a truly tasty and healthy treat, you need to have patience and some knowledge about the characteristics of an exotic fruit.
Rules for the selection and preparation of ingredients
For jam, you will only need ripe and juicy feijoa, which contains the largest content of nutrients and vitamins:
- Fruit for jam use peeled or peeled. In the second case, the cooking period for feijoa is slightly increased.
- Berries for cooking are selected in a monochromatic, dark green hue, without dark spots and dots.
- The fruits are sorted, washed thoroughly and dried.
- For a variety of taste, various spices and herbs are added to feijoa jam, mixed with other fruits and berries.
Advice! To get the most useful product, honey is added to the jam instead of sugar..
Preparation of containers
Cookware for making jam is chosen with low edges so that excess moisture evaporates from the syrup faster, and the delicacy acquires a thick consistency.
Large bowls, saucepans, and basins made of copper or stainless steel work best. Also, enamel dishes or teflon-coated containers are often used.
Aluminum pots and bowls, when in contact with fruits and berries, trigger a rapid oxidation process of the fruit, which, as a result, affects the taste and quality of the jam.
How to make feijoa jam
There are many recipes for fresh feijoa jam. But which of them will suit your taste, the hostess will have to choose.
To begin with, consider the simplest, classic way of making delicious and healthy feijoa jam.
- High quality feijoa, in the amount of 3 kilograms.
- Drinking water - 1.5 cups.
- Granulated sugar - 2 kilograms.
The berries are peeled and cut into small slices. Prepared fruits are placed in a cooking container, sand is poured and poured over with water. In this form, they should be infused for 4-5 hours. After the allotted time, the container with feijoa is put on fire, brought to a boil and simmered for 25-30 minutes.
After readiness, the jam is laid out in sterilized containers, closed and sent for storage.
Through a meat grinder
To prepare a beautiful, emerald jam, you will need:
- Ripe feijoa 1-2 kilograms.
- Granulated sugar is calculated based on the number of fruits in the same proportion.
- Drinking water is also calculated based on the amount of other products. For 1 kilogram of berries, half a glass of liquid is required.
The prepared fruits are rolled through a meat grinder and left until the syrup is ready.
Water is poured into the cooking utensils and granulated sugar is poured. As soon as the syrup becomes transparent, the rolled mass is poured into it, brought to a boil, and boiled for 7-10 minutes.
The finished product is laid out in prepared containers and put away in a dark, cool place.
In a blender
To make jam using a blender, you will need the same amount of food as in the previous recipe. Only the fruits are crushed with a blender instead of a meat grinder.
Option without cooking
Feijoa makes a delicious, vitamin-like dessert that is not cooked and therefore contains even more vitamins.
- Fresh fruits, in the amount of 1-2 kilograms.
- Sugar for such a delicacy is calculated based on the number of berries. For 1 kilogram of fruit, you need the same amount of sugar.
- For taste and aroma, you can add chopped hazelnuts or walnuts to the jam.
Prepared in advance and peeled feijoa grind through a meat grinder or blender. Add granulated sugar and nuts to the mass, mix or beat with a mixer. The finished product is placed in a sterile container and closed.
The recipe that novice housewives can master is very simple. To do this, the berries are washed, peeled and cut into small slices. For 1 kilogram of fruit, you will need the same amount of sugar and half a glass of drinking water.
Initially, you need to cook the syrup. As soon as the liquid becomes transparent, put the berries in the syrup, bring to a boil and boil for 20-30 minutes. The finished delicacy is laid out in prepared containers.
The recipe "Five minutes"
To prepare "Five Minutes" from feijoa, you will need:
- Fresh, washed berries, in the amount of 1 kilogram.
- Granulated sugar is calculated based on the taste of the fruit. For sweet berries, 70-800 grams of granulated sugar is enough, and if the feijoa is sour, then the amount of sugar is increased to 1 kilogram.
- Drinking water - 100 milliliters.
Before cooking, the berries are crushed in a meat grinder. In the boiled syrup, add the berry mass and boil for 5-7 minutes. The finished product is laid out in sterilized containers.
Lemon will give an unusual taste and aroma to feijoa jam. To prepare a treat you will need:
- Fresh berries, in the amount of 1 kilogram.
- Granulated sugar is needed in the same amount.
- Lemon - 1 large.
- Drinking water - 200 milliliters.
Peel the lemon and squeeze the juice. Cut the zest and berries into small pieces. Boil sugar and water syrup. As soon as the syrup boils, add lemon juice and zest to it, boil for 5-7 minutes. Remove the container with the prepared mixture from the stove and add the berries to it, mix thoroughly and cool. As soon as the mass has cooled down, put the container on the stove again and bring to a boil, after which, cook for 5-10 minutes.
Pour the finished treat into storage containers.
With walnut and orange
To prepare such a sweet treat, you will need:
- Peeled from the skin of feijoa, in the amount of 1 kilogram.
- Orange zest - 1 glass
- Whole orange - 1 piece.
- Granulated sugar - 600-700 grams.
- Drinking water - 400 milliliters.
- Roasted nuts - 1 glass.
- Citric acid - 1 teaspoon.
The berries are laid out in a wide container and covered with granulated sugar.
The zest is cut into small strips.
Spread zest and nuts into the water, pour water and squeezed orange juice, add citric acid and lay out the berries with sugar.
The jam is brought to a boil, and with constant stirring, cook until thick.
Fact! Feijoa fruits contain a large amount of iodine, so the berries darken quickly. Lemon juice or citric acid returns a beautiful emerald color to the jam.
Fresh berries are thoroughly washed and chopped in a meat grinder. Honey is added to the berry mass to taste, mixed well, and laid out in prepared containers.
To give a thick consistency, powdered pectin is added to feijoa jam.
Pectin is mixed with sugar and added to a container with berries and water. The jam is brought to a boil and cooked for 30-49 minutes. The finished product is placed in storage containers.
With orange peels and nuts
Also, for a rich taste and aroma, you can add orange peels and nuts to the classic feijoa jam recipe.
For a variety of winter preparations, it is recommended to cook feijoa jam with pears.
For 1 kilogram of berries you will need:
- 2-3 large pears;
- 100 milliliters of water;
- 1 kilogram of granulated sugar.
Berries and fruits are cut into slices, put into a cooking container and filled with water. As soon as the jam boils, add sugar, mix and boil for 30-40 minutes. The finished delicacy is laid out in jars.
Advice! To add a piquant taste, instead of water, dry wine can be added to such jam.
For unusual jam you will need:
- Large fruits of persimmon, in the amount of 3-5 pieces.
- Fresh, peeled feijoa - 500 grams.
- Granulated sugar - 500-600 grams.
Fruits and berries are cut into small pieces and covered with sugar. After 2-3 hours, place the container on the stove and cook for 40-50 minutes. After readiness, the jam is laid out in jars or other containers.
Fresh feijoa jam
To make fresh jam, you need the same amount of berries and fruits. The fruits are peeled and crushed with a mixer. Pour sugar into the fruit mass and mix quickly, or beat with a mixer. The finished product is laid out in jars and sent to the refrigerator for storage.
Jam, cooked and rolled up in sterilized jars, is stored in a dark, cool place for up to 2 years. But a delicacy made from fresh berries without cooking should be stored only in the refrigerator for no more than 2-3 months.