We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Medicinal plants have long been used in alternative medicine to eliminate various diseases. Chicory is considered one of the most effective flowers. Healing decoctions, tinctures are prepared from it, brewed in the form of tea or coffee. Not everyone knows about the beneficial properties of the chicory plant and its contraindications. This information should be read before using recipes based on it.
Description of the plant
Chicory is a perennial that has medicinal qualities. It grows in meadows, on roadsides, is unpretentious in maintenance and does not need special supervision. The plant has a straight stem and delicate bluish flowers that resemble a small aster. It is used in cooking to make an invigorating coffee-like beverage. There are ordinary and salad types, the second type has more juicy leaves. Salads and hot dishes are prepared from it.
The benefits and harms of chicory
The useful components of the plant have been used as a remedy for a long time, the Egyptians were its discoverers. Flowers, leaves and stems are effective in diseases of the gastrointestinal system, musculoskeletal system, cardiovascular dysfunctions, diabetes mellitus.
The healing properties of chicory, from what diseases it helps:
- Eliminates edema of cardiac etiology. Due to the presence of potassium in the grass, the functioning of the heart muscle is improved.
- Fresh juice lowers blood sugar levels.
- The plant destroys bacteria, regenerates tissues. Because of these properties, the tincture is used in the form of lotions for furunculosis, purulent wounds and eczema.
- The herb is suitable for improving blood composition.
- Promotes kidney cleansing, normalizes the health of diabetics.
- It normalizes metabolism, removes toxic elements from the body.
In alternative medicine, the upper part and flowers are used to make tinctures, decoctions. Juice is obtained from the stem and leaves, which is used not only for medicinal purposes, but also for weight loss. The product is suitable for creating masks and is widely used in cosmetology.
Important! The plant is dangerous for varicose veins, hemorrhoids and gastritis. Before using it, you should consult a doctor, he will assess the degree of the alleged harm to the body.
Ways to use chicory
The herb has a complex composition, there are many recipes for it. The manufactured products are effective for the treatment of specific pathologies.
What can be made with chicory:
- a drink like coffee, tea;
- weightloss remedy.
You can purchase the product at a pharmacy, grocery store, or assemble it yourself.
How to brew chicory?
The root is suitable for making decoctions, infusions, teas or coffee. Cooking requires:
- 1 dessert spoon of powder;
- water - 200 milliliters.
Boil the mixture until bubbles form for 15 minutes. Let cool and strain. Consume 250 milliliters per day, 4 doses.
Chicory in traditional medicine
Alternative medicine is rich in various chicory recipes, the preparation of which is important to follow the sequence and dosage.
- Dried root decoction. For cooking, 1 dessert spoon of raw materials is poured with 250 milliliters of boiling water, heated over low heat for 15 minutes. Strain the finished product, drink it warm before eating.
- Tincture. Take 20 grams of dried leaves, add 2 cups of boiling water to a thermos, leave for 1-2 hours. Take as a liquid for washing, lotions to combat chronic wounds, ulcers.
- For rubdowns, alcohol tincture or a decoction from the roots is used, for allergic manifestations on the skin, acne, furunculosis, urinary incontinence. The product is prepared in the same way as the infusion, but add 1 dessert spoon of alcohol or vodka.
Drinks have a calming effect on the nervous system, they are recommended for constipation, to eliminate gallstones. They are effective for insomnia and energize in the morning.
Contraindications and side effects
Not everyone is allowed to use the herb for medicinal purposes, there are a number of contraindications:
- articular pathologies;
- individual intolerance to the components;
- varicose veins;
If you do not follow the recipe, side effects are possible. Among them, the following conditions are distinguished:
- rash on the skin, redness;
- breathing disorders;
- increased blood pressure;
Subject to the rules for taking medicinal products, negative consequences are not found.