We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Indigo Rose tomatoes are rightfully considered a real miracle of selection. It is an innovative variety that made its mark in 2015. We owe his invention to breeders from the University of Oregon, USA. A distinctive feature of this variety is the blue color of the tomato. This is a unique variety, still the only one in the world. Despite the recent appearance, this variety of tomato has already gained immense popularity in the market, and not only due to its incomparable color, but also to its unique composition. What's the secret? Let's figure it out.
The thing is that the color of this variety in a rich blue-violet hue is possible due to the presence of a certain substance called anthocyanin in the fruit. It is due to the high content of anthocyanins in fruits that such varieties of tomatoes have already been called “super food”. Why was this variety invented in the United States and gained immense popularity there? The trick is that the problem of being overweight is a real scourge for Americans. And the substance anthocyanin effectively burns fats, thereby combating the problem of obesity.
It is also very important to eat such tomatoes, even with diabetes mellitus. Before the invention of this kind of tomato, anthocyanins in such abundant quantities could be found in all blue berries: blueberries, blueberries, lingonberries, black currants. Now even tomatoes are able to fight very effectively with extra pounds.
What is this variety
Since this unique variety is interesting precisely for the peculiar coloring of the fruit, we will begin the description of the variety with the characteristics of the vegetable itself. The vegetable is "overseas", like its name. We'll just call him Rose.
The fruit itself is a round-shaped vegetable, at the beginning of formation it is green in color (like ordinary tomatoes), as it matures, it acquires a rich bluish-purple color, which approaches black. Inside, the fruit has a bright scarlet color inherent in all the rest of its relatives. The weight of the fruits reaches 40-50 grams, all vegetables on the bushes are uniform, approximately the same in size, the color can vary from uniformly blue to blue-red (the tip of the fruit is red).
The vegetable tastes sweet, of a rather dense consistency, tolerates transportation well due to its neat and uniform size of fruits, has a very marketable and respectable appearance.
It is important to know! The advantage of this variety is its increased resistance to such a common disease as gray rot. This variety belongs to determinant plants, the growth of which is limited. It grows well in rooms and on balconies; for this, special containers and containers are used. This method of growing has excellent decorative effect and you will always have at hand not only a healthy and tasty vegetable, but also a wonderful and unique decoration for your home or apartment.
In creating this variety, breeders used the blueberry gene and the snapdragon gene. Thanks to this combination of genes, the innovative variety turned out to be very resistant to late blight.
Reviews indicate that this tomato did not even become infected with late blight from a sick relative of another variety. This is a very rare quality for all currently existing tomato varieties.
The characteristic of this tomato would not be complete without a description of all its benefits. These include:
- High productivity.
- Decorative and exotic.
- Resistant to all diseases.
- Excellent transportability.
- Benefits for the body in the fight against extra pounds.
- Great taste.
- Unpretentiousness in cultivation and care.
- It is characteristic of a rose to endure temperature extremes with firmness.
- Good frost resistance. Withstands frosts up to minus 5 degrees.
Among the disadvantages of this variety, it is possible to note the relatively late ripening period, the short shelf life of the fruits, as well as the need for the correct formation of the bush.
You can harvest these tomatoes after 80-100 days after planting.
In addition to the above abilities of this tomato to burn excess fat, it has many more positive properties for the human body:
- Regular consumption of this variety of tomatoes significantly reduces the risk of vascular disease.
- Research has shown that eating tomatoes can inhibit the formation of cancer cells.
- Regular consumption of tomatoes strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
- According to the latest research, tomatoes contain a substance that strengthens vision.
Growing and care rules
This variety is very unpretentious in care and in order to grow tomatoes of excellent quality, you should adhere to the following recommendations:
- Before planting, the seeds must be soaked and wait for swelling, after which they should be treated with a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
- Sowing seeds is necessary in soft and loose soil.
- After planting the seeds, the soil must be sprayed with a sprayer, then daily watering is recommended until the seeds germinate.
- As the seedlings grow, it is necessary to regularly inspect the plants and remove the weak and non-viable.
- Seedlings need feeding only if they are not sufficiently strong before the period of planting in open ground.
- After planting in open ground, the soil must be mulched with chips or needles.
By following these simple recommendations, you can grow excellent Indigo Rose tomatoes on your own. And delicious and beautiful tomatoes will always be present on your table, and in the house, or on the plot, there will be an excellent and unique decoration. This type of tomato is suitable for fresh consumption and for processing.