We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Only gourmets know how to cook cow's colostrum. It is not freely available in stores, it is difficult to buy it. The cow gives colostrum immediately after the calf is born. After 5 days, the excretion of this product ends, the animal produces milk. Colostrum is excreted in small quantities and is a salty, light brown liquid.
Nutritional and energy value
Bovine excretion contains a unique composition of vital ingredients. The composition of the product has no analogues in nature. It includes:
- Interferon is an antiviral agent.
- Lysozyme is a natural antibiotic.
- Cytokine increases the protective function of the immune system, produces immunoglobulins, and reduces pain response.
- Prebiotics have a positive effect on the digestive and gastrointestinal systems.
- Lactoferrin has antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory functions.
- A substance that helps tissues to promote growth.
- Endorphin is a hormone of joy.
- Trace elements that improve brain function.
For a product to have a low calorie content, it is better to make it without sugar. The calorie content of cow colostrum decreases every day. The energy value of the composition in 100 milliliters:
|Days from calving||Calorie content, kcal||Proteins, gr.||Fats, gr.||Carbohydrates, gr.|
The proteins of the composition are easily digestible, in their composition they are similar to whey. The disease antibodies contained in it are transferred to the calf. Adults and children are encouraged to consume colostrum as a general tonic that has a beneficial effect on the immune system and the digestive system. The body's susceptibility to the negative effects of fungal, bacterial and viral infections decreases.
What can be made from bovine colostrum?
Dishes made from this product are varied. These are casseroles, cheeses, soufflés, desserts, puddings, condensed milk. Raw ingredients are heavy food and can be baked. The process of baking with the help of a Russian stove has been known since ancient times.
Zarechny Maxim Valerievich
Agronomist with 12 years of experience. Our best summer cottage expert.
Village women used this recipe and got a casserole that is healthy.
Currently, the product is baked in the oven and slow cooker, adding eggs, sugar and butter to the composition. The finished dish turns out to be porous and airy, light brown in color, and tastes like a soufflé from milk. A dessert prepared with a multicooker does not have a golden brown crust, but no less tasty. Mix eggs with sugar, beat thoroughly, add colostrum. It takes about an hour to cook dessert, heating the oven to 180 degrees.
Condensed milk can be cooked from colostrum. This will require 1.5 liters of product. The mixture is kept in a water bath for about an hour, gradually adding 350 grams of sugar and waiting for it to completely dissolve. After that, the resulting mixture is kept over low heat.
Foam must not be allowed to form, otherwise the milk will run away. After cooling down, the condensed milk is ready for use.
Homemade cheese is made from colostrum. For its preparation, cow's milk is brought to a boil, after which it is curdled by adding colostrum. Products are being rolled up. The resulting mixture is cooled and filtered through cheesecloth. After that, put in a colander for a day. To speed up the process, oppression is added after 7 hours. This allows the cheese to harden and the whey to drain. The finished cheese turns out to be slightly sweet, healthy and tasty.
Product storage rules
To collect a valuable product, you need to consider the following.
- Wash the udder and prepare it.
- The container for storing the product must be dry and clean, with a volume of no more than two liters.
- Check the colostrum of cows after the second calving for the content of immunoglobulin and Jonas virus. In primiparous heifers, you can not do this.
- Do not take colostrum from cows with mastitis.
- The product containing traces of blood is not suitable for consumption.
- Colostrum from only one animal is stored in one container.
- Sign the date of collection on the container.
The product must be consumed within 24 hours, having previously cooled to 4 degrees. Shelf life in the refrigerator - 7 days, in the freezer - 1 year at a temperature of minus 23 degrees.
Defrost the frozen composition before consuming it. Room temperature is suitable for this. If you need to defrost faster, use a microwave or water bath. The heating temperature should not exceed 45 degrees, otherwise beneficial antibodies will lose their properties.