We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Zucchini is a versatile vegetable that combines with many fruits to absorb their smell. It is very useful, therefore it is popular in preservation, especially in compotes. Compote made from a vegetable like zucchini quenches thirst well, normalizes the water-salt balance in the body. This drink is advised to be taken by the elderly to calm the nerves and children to improve digestion, it does not cause allergies.
The subtleties of cooking zucchini compote
To make the drink tasty, aromatic and healthy, you must follow the following recommendations:
- Make sure the ingredients are fresh before preparing a drink.
- Young zucchini does not need to be peeled.
- Do not boil the vegetable, otherwise it will turn into porridge.
- Be sure to add lemon zest to the compote with orange and zucchini for a rich taste.
- If the drink turns out to be too sweet, then dilute it with boiled water.
- If you prefer a sweet drink, add more sugar than indicated in the recipe.
- Be sure to sterilize the jars before cooking.
- To give the compote a brighter taste and pleasant aroma - add pineapple flavor to it.
Selection and preparation of zucchini
It is very important before preparing the squash compote. carefully select the ingredients for it. Then the drink will not have bitterness, acidity and will delight you with a pleasant aroma and rich taste.
When buying or preparing vegetables, you need to consider the following nuances:
- Color. For compote, select light zucchini with yellow or green stripes.
- Freshness. The useful properties and shelf life of the compote depend on the freshness of the product.
- The size. Choose small vegetables, about 200 grams each. The optimal length of a zucchini for compote is 15-20 centimeters. Young vegetables are always small, and even if you choose a slightly unripe zucchini, this will not affect the drink in any way.
- External characteristics. The vegetable should not be soft and rough to the touch, with pits and cuts. The storage duration of the drink depends on these parameters.
Important! To preserve already picked zucchini longer, put them in a cool, dark place. Then the vegetable will remain fresh, will have a beautiful appearance.
How to make compote at home
Zucchini compote does not require expensive ingredients and complex manipulations. You can cook it at home, with a minimum of money, nerves, and energy.
A simple recipe for the winter
This recipe is notable for its simplicity, and its zest lies in the fact that you prepare a compote from zucchini, and you get a drink with pineapple flavor.
The vegetable is washed, peeled, and the seeds removed. Then it is cut into cubes, mixed with water, put on moderate heat. When the mixture boils, add sugar. Boil the compote until the vegetable is transparent. The lemon is washed and squeezed. When the zucchini has become transparent, add cloves, boil for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add lemon juice, mix well. The drink is poured into cans, they are rolled up.
To give the zucchini compote a richer taste and a pleasant citrus note, you can cook it with the addition of an orange. First, peel the courgettes, cut them into cubes. Boil water. While it is boiling, start drinking oranges.
Scald them with boiling water, peel, cut into slices. The peel is removed from the lemon, the juice is squeezed out.
Put the zucchini, oranges, and citrus zest on top in sterilized jars. Fill with water, leave for fifteen minutes. Then pour the liquid back into the container, add granulated sugar, boil for a couple of minutes.
Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the jars, pour over the syrup. Roll up, wrap up.
With pineapple juice
- Peel the zucchini, cut into rings. Punch holes in the middle with a small glass.
- Boil the vegetable for five minutes. It is necessary to boil it in order to disinfect and destroy all microbes.
- Drain the water, and put the warm zucchini in jars.
- Add granulated sugar, vanillin, citric acid.
- Cover with pineapple juice.
- Roll up the cans.
With zuko juice
- Cut the peeled zucchini into medium cubes, put in a jar.
- Pour boiled water, add a teaspoon of essence, close.
- Leave it to brew overnight.
- The water is drained, the zucchini are washed well.
- Pour vegetables into a saucepan, add granulated sugar, ZUKO. No water is added, as the vegetables will produce juice on their own.
- Put on moderate heat, boil for five minutes.
- They put it in banks, roll it up.
With yuppie juice
Another recipe on how to make a pineapple drink from zucchini.
- Fill a jar with chopped zucchini.
- Fill with boiled water.
- Add acid.
- Close the lid tightly, leave to infuse for six hours.
- Pour the water into a bowl, add sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add Yuppie, boil for 3 minutes.
- Drain into a jar, roll up.
We clean the zucchini, cut into small cubes. Then pour it into a bowl, fill it with boiled water, put it on fire. When the water boils, add sugar and cook over low heat until transparent. Add the cloves and cook for another fifteen minutes.
Squeeze juice from lemon and pour it into a saucepan. Pour the syrup into jars, roll it up.
With cherry plum
- Place the cherry plum in the jars.
- Peel the vegetable, cut into cubes.
- We spread the zucchini to the cherry plum and fill it with boiling water.
- Let it brew for ten minutes.
- Drain water into a bowl, add sugar.
- Boil the syrup for a few minutes.
- We pour it into cans, roll them up.
- We turn over the banks, wrap them up.
- Peel and chop vegetables.
- Wash the plums.
- Mix the ingredients, cover with sugar.
- Leave on for 1.5 hours.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan, put on fire.
- To fill with water.
This drink has a pleasant summer aroma, rich taste, good thirst quencher.
- Peel and cut the vegetable.
- Peel the fruit, remove the core.
- Pour the vegetable-fruit mixture into a bowl, add sugar, water.
- Boil over low heat for fifteen minutes.
- Roll up, wrap up.
With citric acid
If you have neither pineapple juice nor flavors on hand, then you can prepare a pineapple drink with zucchini with the addition of citric acid.
- My vegetable, clean, cut.
- Fill with boiled water.
- Cook the mixture over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, boil for another 5 minutes.
- We roll up.
- Vegetables are cut and placed in a three-liter jar together with thorns, in layers. The vegetable and fruit mixture should fill 1/3 of the can.
- Add sugar, boiling water.
- Roll up and shake well to dissolve the sugar.
- Banks are turned over and wrapped.
- We clean and cut the vegetables.
- We wash the cherries, let them dry.
- Pour boiling water over the vegetable-fruit mixture. We insist for 20 minutes.
- Pour the liquid into a saucepan, add sugar. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the syrup into jars, roll it up.
- Cut vegetables, cook with sugar until transparent.
- Add vanilla.
- We remove from heat, pour in the essence.
- We pour it into cans, roll it up.
Features of storing compote
Zucchini compote should be stored in a cool, dark place. A cellar or basement is best suited for these purposes. If there is none, then you can use the pantry.