We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
If we are talking about jam, then the recipe will definitely contain a lot of sugar, and as you know, sugar is not the most useful product. If you want to make a healthier dessert for the winter, you can make jam from ripe gooseberries without sugar.
The specifics of making gooseberry jam without sugar
Making sugar-free gooseberry jam is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance. Some categories of people are not allowed to consume sugar, so they have to look for alternative options. Gooseberry dessert for diabetics can be cooked with fructose. In this case, fructose is simply used instead of sugar.
Jam can be made without sugar at all, but it tastes very sour, gooseberries, even ripe ones, sour a little. To make the jam not so sour, it is better to use the sweetest varieties of gooseberries and completely ripe berries.
We purchase the necessary ingredients
You will need very few ingredients to make sugar-free jam. This is gooseberry, a small amount of water and fructose or any other sweetener.
Before cooking, the berries are sorted out, the leaves and the rest of the garbage are thrown away. Then they are thoroughly washed under running water, thrown into a colander and allowed to drain. After that, you can already start cooking.
Before you start preparing the recipe, you need to prepare a container for jam. For cooking, it is better to use an enamel pot rather than an aluminum pan. If aluminum is used, then immediately after preparation, the workpiece is transferred to the cans.
Banks are pre-washed with soap and water. Before putting jam in them, the jars are sterilized.
There are several recipes for cooking. For example, you can boil gooseberry puree.
What you need:
- 2 kg of gooseberries;
- 300 ml of filtered water.
How to cook:
- Pour the berries with water, simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Then cool a little and rub the mass through a sieve to make a puree.
- Transfer it to the pot again and cook for another 6 minutes.
- When the puree is ready, it is laid out hot in jars and sterilized for about 10-14 minutes.
- Then covered with lids and rolled up.
Preparation of preservation with fructose:
- This recipe will require 1 kg of berries, 1 glass of water, citric acid and 100 g of fructose.
- Wash the fruits thoroughly under running water, sort them out, clean them of stalks and dried inflorescences.
- Pour berries over with water, put on fire and cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add fructose and citric acid.
- Cook for another 25 minutes (you can simmer for longer, you want the dessert to be more uniform in consistency).
Put the prepared jam hot in jars.
How to prepare canned food without sweeteners:
- If you don't add any sweeteners, the dessert will taste sour.
- For cooking, you need a berry, a few kiwi.
- Peel the kiwi, transfer to a blender together with the fruits, grind until smooth.
- Put the mass in sterilized jars, roll up the lids.
You can add an orange to this recipe, which is pre-peeled and crushed separately in a blender, then both masses are combined, mixed thoroughly and laid out in sterilized jars.
The finished workpiece is stored in the basement or cellar, where the temperature is low and the sun's rays will not fall on the jar. You can also put preservation in the refrigerator or on the balcony. The shelf life is up to 6 months. Due to the lack of sugar (a natural preservative), it can be stored for a little less.