We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
You need to make delicious wild strawberry jam at least once in your life. This fragrant berry, picked in the forest or in the fields, will delight the whole family. And in order to preserve the taste of summer until autumn and winter, jam is cooked from strawberries.
Features of making strawberry jam
Making strawberry jam is easy if you follow the cooking rules. The strawberries are thoroughly washed before cooking, and the jars are heated in a water bath. Spices or berries can be added to the jam if desired. To make jam, the jam is first boiled, then rubbed through a sieve and boiled again.
To understand how much to cook sweetness, you need to look at the thickness of the mixture. Even if the cooking time is over, and it is liquid, then you need to set the jam aside for a while. Gradually, it will begin to thicken.
How to prepare canning jars
Before cooking, cans are prepared in advance. They are first washed thoroughly with detergent and left to dry. The cleaned jars are warmed up after drying. The jars are heated in a water bath for a few minutes so that the glass becomes hot.
How to choose and prepare berries for harvesting for the winter
Fragrant jam is obtained from wild strawberries. It is large and suitable for cooking sweets. Garden or remont strawberries are also used to make jams, but the flavor will be less intense. White strawberries produce the same as red ones.
The most delicious jam is obtained from meadow or field ripe strawberries.
The dessert is very aromatic and sweet. Strawberries harvested from fields and meadows are sweeter than wild strawberries.
Strawberry Jam Recipes
There are many recipes for making strawberry jam. It is prepared with the addition of nuts, other berries and spices.
With added water
The easiest way to boil strawberry jam is with the addition of water. Cooking in this way allows you to keep the berries intact:
- Rinse the strawberries and peel them off.
- Transfer to a saucepan, cover with water and add sugar to taste. Put on fire.
- Stir the jam as it boils and skim.
- The jam is brewed within 15-20 minutes. The boiling procedure is repeated 3-4 times.
When the jam is ready, it is poured over the jars and rolled up for the winter.
A simple five-minute recipe
Jam "five minutes" with whole strawberry berries is easy to prepare:
- For cooking, you need to take strawberries and sweetener.
- Cover the berries with sugar and leave them for 12 hours to give juice.
- Then pour the jam into a saucepan and cook for 5 minutes.
When the syrup is ready, it is poured into jars or eaten immediately. The finished syrup must be cooled at room temperature so that the liquid does not become sugared.
Strawberry jam without cooking
Jam without cooking is not only a delicious sweetness, but also a healthy product. To cook, you need to cover the strawberries with sweetener and leave overnight. Then pour into jars and store in the refrigerator under a closed lid. You don't need to use water in this recipe.
Strawberry jam in a slow cooker
If there is not enough time, and you need to cook the sweetness urgently, then you can do it using a multicooker:
- The strawberries are washed and poured into a slow cooker. Cover with sweetener and cover with water.
- The cooking technique is similar to cooking in a saucepan. Set the "simmering" mode and cook for about 35 minutes.
- When everything is ready, the syrup is poured over the jars, rolled up with a lid and placed upside down.
Cool to room temperature and lower into the basement.
Strawberry jam with almonds
You can make jam with the addition of almonds. It will add an unusual flavor:
- Rinse the strawberries, chop the almonds into flakes.
- Pour water into a saucepan, add sweetener and lemon juice.
- Bring the liquid to a boil. Then add strawberries.
- Simmer until simmer for 25-35 minutes. In consistency, the sweetness should be thick.
At the end of cooking, add 2 tbsp. l. Amaretto and cook for another 5 minutes. Pour into jars and cool.
Strawberry jam with rum
To make jam with rum, you need to take 100 g of rum, 10 g of citric acid, sugar and berries:
- Put strawberries on the bottom of a saucepan, cover with sweetener and sprinkle with rum.
- Then add another layer of strawberries, sweetener and rum.
- Put the berries in the refrigerator overnight.
- Put on fire, bring to a boil and add citric acid.
Remove from the stove and wait until the mixture has cooled. Then boil again.
Strawberry jam with mint and lemon
A thick aromatic jam is obtained with the addition of mint and lemon:
- To prepare the sweets, you will need 1 lemon, a few sprigs of fresh mint, strawberries and sugar.
- Cover with sugar and leave overnight. Berries will give juice overnight.
- The next day they start cooking.
- Add lemon juice and crushed mint sprigs. Put on fire. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Then strain the syrup and store it separately until it cools.
When the mixture is at room temperature, pour the syrup back and cook until tender. Add a little more mint before the end of cooking.
Strawberries with gooseberries
Step-by-step recipe for making gooseberry sweets:
- Rinse the berries and cover with a sweetener.
- Put on fire.
- Cook until boiling.
- Then remove from heat, arrange in containers, cool and put in a cool place.
Strawberry jam with lavender
It is not difficult to properly prepare jam with lavender. To do this, cover the berries with sugar at night. In the morning, cook the mixture for 6 minutes. Stir constantly. Remove from heat and cool. Then add lavender flowers and cook for another 3 minutes. Lemon juice is also added.
Strawberry jam without bitterness
To cook strawberry jam without bitterness, you need to add currants to it. Strawberries and currants are covered with sugar overnight, and the next morning they start cooking. Put the container on fire, stirring constantly, cook for 6 minutes. When the mixture boils, remove from heat and let cool. Pour into containers, refrigerate or lower into the cellar and leave until winter. And in winter, enjoy the aromatic sweetness.