We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It is difficult to organize adequate nutrition for both children and adults without dairy and lactic acid products. Moreover, milk is an important ingredient in many dishes. It is unequivocally difficult to say which milk is healthier for humans - cow's or goat's. Comparative analysis should use different indicators. However, it is indisputable that the substances contained in dairy products are necessary for people to maintain health.
Features of goat product
Milk contains a high amount of calcium, protein, fat. The pale cream color of the product is due to the carotene content. It contains vitamin A, niacin, iron, magnesium. Thanks to this set of vitamins and minerals, goat milk is considered a dietary product.
Some resorts in Switzerland today, for medicinal purposes, include milk in the menu of vacationers diagnosed with rickets, anemia, and tuberculosis. It is also recommended to use lactic acid products for the following diseases:
- bronchitis, colds. Milk broth of oats has a healing effect. It is also recommended to add honey to warm milk;
- for the removal of salts of heavy metals;
- with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Products are irreplaceable in the treatment of gastritis, since lysozyme neutralizes the negative effect of acid on mucous membranes;
- to cleanse the body after chemotherapy courses;
- for the treatment of thyroid diseases.
Dairy products are an excellent food supplement for both children and adults. Fresh milk is of the greatest value. Although there is no unequivocal opinion - to boil it or not. But when preparing porridge, there is no need to add butter, since the milk fat content is quite high.
Specificity of cow milk
This product is one of the most demanded due to its rich vitamin and mineral composition. The main advantage is easily absorbed calcium, which is necessary for the formation of bone tissue. The product also has other positive qualities:
- does not directly affect weight loss, but allows appetite control. Even a small portion of yogurt can help suppress hunger;
- milk fat increases the level of high density lipoprotein (“good” cholesterol). Therefore, lactic acid products are often included in a variety of diet menus for the prevention of stroke, heart disease;
- phosphorus, magnesium and vitamins, also contained in the product, facilitate the absorption of calcium. Thanks to this, the weight and density of the bone mass of the body increase, the quality of the tooth enamel improves.
When drinking milk, you need to take into account the increased lactose content. Approximately 75% of the population suffers from various forms of intolerance to this substance. Therefore, you need to carefully monitor the amount of products in the diet.
How cow's milk differs from goat's milk
To assess the nutritional value of two types of food, different indicators are used for comparison, shown in the table.
|Vitamin B12, μg||0,4||0,1|
|Folic acid, mcg||5,0||1,0|
In terms of vitamin composition, a significant difference is observed in vitamin B12, which is necessary for the process of hematopoiesis. In this case, cow products are healthier. Therefore, children who consume more goat milk will be deficient in vitamin B12. However, it will be fair to say that goat milk contains more of some minerals (selenium, zinc, copper).
Due to its low lactose content (13% less than cow's milk), goat milk can be consumed by people suffering from lactose intolerance.
Zarechny Maxim Valerievich
Agronomist with 12 years of experience. Our best summer cottage expert.
The increased potassium content guarantees the benefits of various types of products for those suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
The easiest way to estimate the nutritional differences between the two types of milk is using tabular data. It is based on 100 g of the product.
|Caloric content (kcal)||60||68|
The energy value of liquids is practically the same, but goat milk is fatter than cow's milk. But it should be borne in mind that the sizes of the fat balls are different. In goat product, the diameter of the balls is smaller, so the fats are better absorbed.
When choosing products, you need to take into account the different vitamin, mineral, fatty acid compositions of goat and cow milk. In some respects, goat products are superior to cow products. However, it should be borne in mind that cow's milk products are presented in a wider range and are cheaper.