We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In order to choose the right cage for a ferret, you need to know what its varieties are, what criteria to adhere to. This pet is distinguished by a high degree of mobility and curiosity; it should not be unattended in the room. Otherwise, damaged repair, things will be provided. If desired, a cage for keeping a ferret can be made with your own hands from improvised means.
A ferret's cage, first of all, should be comfortable for the pet itself, in it he should not feel any discomfort or danger. This house should become a safe home for him, where he can relax and play.
Considering that the cage is chosen for the constant maintenance of a playful animal, you need to focus on the following requirements for it:
- Be great. For pets, you need to take care of sufficient space. The cage should accommodate drinkers, feeders, and various "simulators" so that the fluffy animal has a place to spend its energy. These can be scratching posts, pipes, bags of rags, containers with sand. The optimal variant of the cage is a two-level structure with shelves. Keeping a ferret in small cages is likely to develop muscle atrophy.
- With minimal gaps between the grilles. Ferrets are unique animals that can easily "seep" through small openings. Ideally, the distance between the grates is 2-3 cm. The mesh should be made of durable metal, the plastic version is not suitable for active pets.
- Be equipped with castors, pallet. Such additional equipment helps to easily move the house from one corner of the room to another. The presence of a pallet provides convenience when cleaning both the cage and the room, the filler is contained in it, and not on the floor. Pallets are available with clips for quick removal.
- Be easy to assemble / disassemble. A convenient solution is the design in the form of a transformer. If there is a change of housing, then it will not be difficult to transport such a cage. It fits easily into a passenger car.
Advice! For the ferret to be comfortable and safe, the cage must be spacious, its dimensions are from 91x63x100 cm. The shape is square or rectangular with a rational division of space into zones for sleeping, eating, drinking and entertainment.
Ferret cage types
There is a huge range of ferret cages on the market. These animals in natural conditions are accustomed to moving a lot, leading an active lifestyle. Among the many models they choose:
- factory structure made of metal / plastic;
- wicker box;
- a fabric house based on foam rubber;
- a dwelling made of a metal mesh on a frame;
- plexiglass cage;
- cardboard house;
- self-made construction from plywood / wood sheets.
If you buy a ferret house at a specialized outlet, then you should pay attention to the following points:
- the strength of the rods;
- effectiveness of locks;
- the presence of a removable pallet;
- equipping with wheels;
- dimensions of the structure.
Homemade cage at home
To make a cage for a ferret with your own hands, the first step is to prepare a drawing. Tunnels, places of rest, feeding, labyrinths will be thought out in it.
The work algorithm is as follows:
- Frame, walls. You need to assemble the base from wooden slats, from 5 mm thick, fixing them with self-tapping screws. Attach plywood / wood panels up to 10 mm thick to the frame. If you wish, you can equip a small house with a round entrance on the second tier. At this stage, a staircase / tunnel is provided by cutting an opening for it between the tiers.
- Roof and facade. The front part of the structure is made of mesh / lattice, fabric, fragments of plexiglass are inserted. The cover should be removable to facilitate cleaning. You can make a straight line, of different levels, with / without a slope. Previously, all wooden elements are cleaned with sandpaper.
- Doors. It is better to make double-leaf doors from two rectangles, decorated with a mesh / lattice from the facade. They are hung with canopies.
What should be in a ferret's cage?
In order for a pet to have where to sleep, where to eat and where to play, the cage must be properly equipped. To do this, use:
- Trays. Containers are of the angular type, rectangular. You can fill containers with cat litter compound. As needed, it is changed to a new one.
- Drinking and feed containers. The size of the trough and drinker does not really matter. The main thing is the availability of reliable fasteners.
- Sleep houses. Their dimensions are 30x50x30 cm. It is also possible to make them from fabric and foam rubber with your own hands.
- Hammock. The hanging lounger is made of dense material and strong ropes.
- Tunnels, attractions. For this, sewer pipes with a diameter of 110 mm and a docking angle of 45 ° C are used. Any toys, stairs will do here.
Choice and how much does a ready-made solution cost?
A purchased ferret cage should be large, durable and attractive.
Zarechny Maxim Valerievich
Agronomist with 12 years of experience. Our best summer cottage expert.
In addition, the design must be universal - transform, modify. Price range - from 2000 rubles. up to 35,000 rubles.
Cells made with your own hands have a lot of advantages. They are not only cost-effective, but also original. Among the demanded:
- Multi-tiered wood / plexiglass models. This type of dwelling is convenient for the ferret and fits perfectly into the interior of the room. The roof is inclined, flat, gable.
- In the form of a castle. Suitable materials are wood, plywood sheets, and vine. Accessories and toys should be placed on each tier.
The ferret cage is a cozy and safe home with divisions into zones. You can either buy it in the store or make it yourself. The main thing is to use environmentally friendly materials and use your imagination as much as possible.