We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Grapes "Rusball" refers to five Siberian varieties that are very popular and in demand in homestead viticulture, which have proved themselves exclusively from the best side. The hybrid was bred by the joint efforts of NIIIViV them. Ya. I. Potapenko and Bulgarian breeders.
For universal use, Rusbol grapes were obtained from the parental line represented by the Villar Blanc and Super Seedless varieties. For many winegrowers, this hybrid form is better known under the name Kishmish Mirage.
Grapes "Rusball" early ripening allows you to get a high crop of seedless ripe berries in 115-125 days. Own bushes after planting for a short time retain average growth power, and the adult vine is characterized by strong stature.
Ripen clusters can be both large and very large. Subject to agricultural technology and optimal weather conditions, the mass of a bunch is from 1 to 1.5 kg or more. The grape brush has a regular conical shape. The cluster structure can be moderately dense or moderately loose. The number of brushes per shoot is 1.5-1.9.
The hybrid form of Rusball grapes forms rather small oval-shaped berries with a diameter of about 1.6 cm. The average weight of the berries does not exceed 3 g. At the full ripening stage, the grapes have a very pleasant amber, bright yellow color with a characteristic tan on the sunny side.
Taste good. The taste of fleshy and very juicy pulp is somewhat simple, but harmonious. Sometimes the presence of rudimentary, rather large seeds in the pulp is observed. Sugar content varies from 19% to 21%, acidity is 5-7 g / l.
Grapes "Rusball": features of the variety
A hybrid of grapes called Rusbol has the following advantages:
- good resistance to the most common fungal diseases in vineyards;
- the formation of large or very large grape brushes with aligned berries that do not fit snugly together;
- the hybrid form is suitable for obtaining high-quality raisins;
- one of the best pollinating varieties for grape bushes with a functionally female type of flowering;
- stably high-yielding hybrid form;
- good rates of rooting of cuttings;
- frost resistance up to -25 ° С;
- the possibility of growing using a short formation without negative consequences for productivity.
Grapes of this variety have average indicators for transportability and commercial quality. In rainy weather, mass rotting and cracking of berries can occur.
Grapes "Rusball" should be planted on previously prepared to the best of light soils, which have sufficient fertility.
- Pits prepared in advance for planting seedlings should have a diameter of about 1 m and a depth of 0.8-1 m.
- A mixture of humus with soil and mineral fertilizers must be poured onto the drainage layer.
- The root system of seedlings should be soaked for a day in water with the addition of special root growth stimulants.
- In the center of the pit, you need to install a vertical support under the vine and place the prepared seedling.
- The root system of the seedling distributed over the pit is covered with soil, which must be carefully compacted with your hands and poured with water at the rate of two buckets for each plant.
Further care for grape bushes depends on weather conditions. Mandatory are measures for pruning and forming the vine, preventive spraying, watering, top dressing and protection for the winter period.
Grapes "Rusball" is not in vain claimed by novice gardeners. This hybrid form is quite loyal to some errors in care and bears fruit even in not the most optimal conditions. The good rooting of cuttings allows for independent propagation of plants in the infield. In addition, the hybrid has excellent compatibility with most stocks.
Watering and feeding
Rusbol grape bushes are responsive to irrigation, which are combined with the introduction of liquid fertilizers. Foliar top dressing is allowed at the stage of vine growing. With timely watering and top dressing, grapes of this hybrid form are easily acclimatized even in harsh northern conditions.
Cropping and shaping
Vine ripening is early and consistently good. The number of fruitful shoots can vary from 85% to 95%. The ocelli at the base of the shoots are characterized by high fertility, which allows a short pruning of 2-3 ocelli. A good result shows an average trim of 6-8 eyes.
The load indicators for each grape bush should not exceed 30-45 eyes. When using tall rootstocks, a significant increase in shoots is observed. Experts recommend the use of high-stamping, the use of medium-length sleeves. It is allowed to grow this variety on short sleeves, leaving 3-4 fruiting vines with 12-16 eyes.
How to Dry Rusball Grapes
Reviews of winegrowers
Grapes "Rusball" is prone to severe overloading of crops, which, along with overexposure of berries, very often leads to poor ripening of shoots. Gardeners note a very high level of compatibility with most stocks, so this hybrid form can be grafted onto almost any stock. In the market, this variety is quite in demand, it makes it possible to get a small, but very tasty and sweet raisins. At the same time, according to many winegrowers, the attractiveness of this worthy grape significantly reduces the periodic appearance of rather large rudimentary seeds in the pulp of berries. However, in general, “Rusball” grapes in the middle band are not inferior to many hybrid breeding novelties, and in many ways surpasses them.
When choosing the latest hybrids from modern breeding, which have not yet been sufficiently tested in real cultivation conditions, one should not forget about such varieties recognized in our country as Rusbol. This grape is a truly worthwhile hybrid for an amateur gardener inexperienced in the intricacies of viticulture.