We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Jam from aromatic peaches and plums fully retains both the beneficial substances contained in the fruits and the flavors of natural fruits. The recipe for this blank is within the power of even a novice hostess. The main thing is not to be afraid of experimenting and trying new tastes, creating various options for assorted jams. And then homemade fragrant preparation will not leave anyone indifferent.
Features of making jam from plums and peaches for the winter
Many housewives have a negative attitude towards store sweets, which contain various flavors and preservatives. Therefore, they try to diversify the diet with homemade sweets in the form of jam, combining all kinds of fruits in it.
Secrets of making a sweet preparation for the winter, which will result in an amazing dessert:
- You do not need to free peaches from the skin, as it contains many useful substances. In addition, it prevents the fruit from losing its shape.
- The plum skin is covered with a waxy bloom. To get rid of it, pour plum fruits into a colander after washing with cold water and immerse them in hot water at 80 degrees for 2 minutes.
- The final taste is influenced by the foam, which must be removed during the cooking process.
- To make the workpiece thick and rich, it is recommended to add a thickener.
- It is important to maintain sterility in the process so as not to spoil the product.
Every year, making jam from peaches and plums, each housewife deduces her own rules and subtleties of cooking delicacies.
Required products for the recipe
This recipe for plum and peach jam is distinguished by originality and excellent taste characteristics, since fruits go well with each other.
- 1 kg of plums;
- 0.5 kg of peaches;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 100 ml of water;
- 20 g of jam thickener.
Advice! So that the fruits are not digested and remain intact, it is recommended to add a thickener, which can serve as pectin.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Plums and peaches should be dense and medium ripe. For jam, it is better to take fruits in which the seeds are well separated. Fruit should be free of visible damage and decay processes, with a pleasant smell.
Before cooking, you need to properly prepare the main ingredients, rinsing well with cold running water, if necessary, peeling and cutting into small pieces.
How to prepare containers correctly?
When choosing utensils and cooking utensils, you need to give preference to containers made of enamel and stainless steel. It is strictly forbidden to use aluminum, copper and iron cookware in order to avoid oxidation. It is better to use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir the jam.
The workpiece may deteriorate if the container was poorly washed and not dried, therefore, the jars in which the peach jam and plums will be stored for the winter should be sterilized without fail.
How to make peach and plum jam at home?
Algorithm of actions in accordance with the recipe:
- Rinse the plum, dry it, remove the tails and, dividing it into two parts, remove the bone.
- Make sugar syrup by combining water and sugar and boil, stirring constantly. Pour the plum with hot syrup, stir and set aside until it cools completely.
- Bring the plum mass to a boil, removing the foam, and then simmer for another 5 minutes. Set aside again to cool and then boil the fruit mixture again for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the peach and remove the seeds, dividing into four parts. The peel does not need to be removed from the fruit.
- Bring the plum to a boil for the third time and add the prepared peach and jam thickener. Keep the composition for 5 minutes, constantly removing the foam.
- Pour the hot jam into jars, cork with a lid, turn over and wrap with a warm blanket until it cools.
Seedless plum peach jam is a simple and common way to preserve fruit. The dessert for the winter according to this recipe is famous not only for its exquisite taste and aroma, but also for its special usefulness. It can be used as an independent dish, used in the manufacture of various sweet dishes, adding to pies, pastries, sandwiching cakes or simply spreading on a piece of bread and eating with tea.
How to store the finished product?
You need to store plum and peach jam in a dry, dark room with a temperature of 12-17 degrees. It is recommended to send the workpiece to the cellar, basement. In the apartment, you can take it out to the loggia, put the jars in the pantry or in the refrigerator, but store it like that for no more than 1 year.
Plum-peach jam can last longer and retain all its taste and aroma, but only if all storage conditions are met.
After opening the can, it is recommended to consume the sweetness within 1 month.