We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Potato "Sagit" from the originator "HZPC Holland" is a mid-early table variety variety, well-established in our country and included in the State Register of the Russian Federation for the Central region. In the process of breeding varieties "Gallia" and "RZ 86-2918" were involved.
Bushes of potato cultivar "Sagitta" from medium to high level of growth, intermediate type, semi-erect. Corollas of flowers from medium to large size. Leaves of medium size, intermediate, from green to dark green. Root crops are oval, with small eyes, covered with a yellow peel. The pulp is yellow. The average weight of a tuber varies from 92 to 170 g. The content of starch pulp is from 13.8 to 18.5%. Dry matter content - 20.5%
The mid-early table variety forms in 80-90 days aligned tubers with good taste and high marketability. The total yield is 154-404 kg / ha. The marketability of tubers at the level of 84-95%. Keeping quality is 93%.
The variety is resistant to the causative agent of potato cancer and golden potato cyst-forming nematode, and also has medium resistance to the causative agent of late blight.
Sagitta potato cultivation technology involves the preparation of planting material, work on preparing the soil for planting and the planting work itself, carried out correctly and on time, taking into account the following recommendations:
- it is advisable to purchase tubers for planting in specialized stores, which will allow the use of certified seed potatoes, which form a high yield;
- Self-grown seed material should be placed in a warm and bright place until the shoots appear, and it is also necessary to treat the planting tubers from pests;
- a good result in the form of accelerated emergence of seedlings and increased yield, as well as the quality of tubers, can be achieved by processing planting material with growth stimulants;
- high-quality soil treatment for potato planting should be focused on creating the most favorable thermal and air regime;
- ridge and ridge-ribbon types of potato cultivation are preferred when cultivating this vegetable crop in regions with insufficiently favorable environmental conditions;
- the planting pattern of prepared tubers is 60 x 35 cm, and the depth of placement of seed material in the planting hole should not exceed 8-10 cm;
- the soil should be well-fertilized and dug up since the fall;
- with a ridge landing, the distance between the ridges should be 75 cm, and the planting density should be 2.8-3.5 cm with a distance of ± 27 cm or 3.5-5.5 cm with a distance of ± 35 cm.
Planting times can vary greatly depending on many conditions, including climate and weather factors. It should be remembered that planting tubers in insufficiently heated soil can greatly reduce yield. It is optimal to warm the soil in the area for planting up to 8 degrees of heat to a depth of 10 cm.
How to plant early potatoes
Potato "Sagitta" grows well and brings a plentiful harvest, subject to the correct regime of cultivation of this vegetable crop:
- even before the appearance of the first potato seedlings, attention should be paid to the cleanliness of the site and timely removal of weeds;
- if abundant and frequent precipitation is observed, provoking the appearance of a surface soil crust, then the soil is loosened with a rake to a depth of no more than 2-3 cm;
- the first hilling is carried out after the seedlings have reached a height of 10-15 cm, however, if there is a risk of late frosts, then this hilling is carried out earlier;
- the most important condition for the formation of quality tubers is the implementation of at least three irrigation during the growing season in the absence of natural rainfall;
- to feed plants, you should use natural, environmentally friendly substances: manure, humus or bird droppings, which are applied to plants in the form of solutions immediately after irrigation;
- the absence of measures aimed at protecting potatoes from diseases and pests can reduce yield by plant disease by almost 50%;
- in addition to folk remedies that show insufficient effectiveness against diseases, the use of modern chemicals, such as Actara and Iskra, is allowed.
To reduce the ripening time of potato tubers and increase the keeping quality of the harvested crop, it is advisable to mow the tops a couple of weeks before digging the potatoes.
Reviews of vegetable growers
Potato "Sagitta" has positive characteristics and reviews and can be recommended for cultivation not only in household plots, but also on an industrial scale, due to good keeping quality and high marketability of tubers, as well as excellent taste and weak friability of pulp. Heat-treated potatoes are characterized by aroma, and pulp color changes as a result of cooking are not observed.
How to prepare potatoes for planting
Experienced agronomists and potato growers recommend paying attention to the fact that the Sagitta variety is highly sensitive to alternariosis, therefore, before carrying out planting work, the treatment of tubers with special agents is mandatory.