We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Pear "Fairytale" is a summer variety bred by specialists of the South Ural Research Institute for Horticulture and Potato. Parental couple is represented by varieties "Dangling" and "Tender". The description characterizes the variety as tall and very productive.
A pear called Fairytale grows high enough. Ripe branches form a dense narrow pyramidal crown. The shoots have a dark reddish color and small, rounded, bent buds. The leaves are oblong, short-pointed, medium-sized, without pubescence.
Completely ripened fruits reach a mass of 255 g and are distinguished by their attractive regular shape. Mature pears have a characteristic yellowish-green color. The pulp is white, tender and juicy enough. The sweet taste is complemented by a weak spicy aroma. Harvesting occurs in the last decade of summer.
The "Fairytale" pear is not too demanding on carrying out formative pruning at a young age. Nevertheless, the timely holding of this very important agrotechnical event can have a positive effect on fruit formation, and also improves the quality indicators of the harvested crop.
Spring pruning of the pear is carried out in the early spring, when severe frosts have already receded, but sap flow has not yet begun and the kidneys have not opened. The optimal temperature indices of air for spring pruning of pear plantations are +5 ° С. Correct and regular spring pruning allows you to get the most productive and strong crown of a fruit tree.
How to prune a pear in spring
The technology of spring pruning of young pear plantations is as follows:
- measure about 50-60 cm from the ground level and cut the branch;
- carefully shorten the central trunk by about a quarter;
- to form adjacent branches of the fruit plant into a productive "ring";
- leave only four lateral branches playing the role of the stem base, and remove the rest;
- shoots with formed ovaries must be placed in a "horizontal" position;
- the branches remaining after pruning must be carefully bent, and then fixed to the stem of the fruit tree;
- the next year pruning is carried out with emphasis on the branches of the second order.
The requirements and rules of pruning, the compliance with which will determine the health and appearance of the fruit tree, are as follows:
- at the first stage, shoots that depart from the stem of the tree are always subject to removal;
- the standard angle of the correct cut is strictly 90 °;
- it is important to cut off all unnecessary branches without leaving pronounced stumps;
- All branches whose diameter exceeds 3 cm must first be sawn from below, and only then sawed off from above.
Absolutely all sections of the cuts must be treated with garden var. It is very important to observe the regime of care for fruit plantings after pruning and not to top dress in the first month after the event.
Obtaining an abundant harvest of Fairytale pears largely depends on the timely and correct implementation of measures to combat diseases and pests of fruit stands.
Despite the fact that today much attention is paid to the development of integrated methods of protecting fruit stands, which reduce the number of sprayings, experienced gardeners successfully apply time-tested methods:
- To protect against brown spotting, autumn foliage is smelted and phosphorus-potassium fertilizers are applied. Spraying with Bordeaux liquid or Tsineb has a good effect.
- Spraying trees before flowering with 80% solution of the drug allows protecting plants from septoria Tsineb at the rate of 4-8 kg of the drug per 1 ha.
- In autumn and spring, it is necessary to whiten the fruit tree branches, and also after trimming, treat the sections with an 8% solution of copper sulfate with the addition of 8% lime, which can significantly reduce the risk of pear damage by black cancer.
- It is very important to carry out the collection of diseased fruits with subsequent destruction, as well as use chemicals to combat the most common fungal diseases. Three times the treatment with Fitolavin, including spraying at the stage of swelling and cracking of the buds, after flowering, and after the leaves are folded, shows good efficacy. Well-proven fungicides such as Gamair, Alirin-B and Fitosporin-M.
Reviews and recommendations of gardeners
Among the shortcomings of the "Fairytale" pear are tall trees and the impossibility of long-term preservation of the harvested crop. However, according to gardeners, the advantages of this variety are much more than the minuses. Plants have good winter hardiness, are immune to damage by scab and pear mites, form large and very tasty fruits. Taste quality of this pear variety at the highest level. Ripe fruits are widely used not only in fresh form, but also for conservation.
How to water a pear
"Fairytale" pear seedlings are most often propagated using the "Ussuri" pear seedlings. The variety is widespread in home gardening in the Urals and currently is very worthy competition to many southern pear varieties.